Tuesday, September 15, 2009

I'm back - and so are they apparently....

Customer: I'm looking for a book.
Me: Okay......
Customer: It's about an young man and an older man and their relationship and changing your life.
Me: Could it be Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom?
Customer: Is it pink?
Me: ummm... no......
Customer: Then that's not it. It's pink. Where would I look for a book like that?
Me: Pink books about two guys?
Customer: Yeah.
Me: Umm... I'm not sure.... is it fiction or non-fiction?
Customer: Non-fiction.
Me: Okay, non-fiction is though here ( I sweep my arm across half or so of the shelves)
Customer: How hard can it be to find a pink book?
Me: I'm sorry, we don't have anything sorted by the colour of the cover...


Anyone have a pink-books-about-two-guys section in their book shelves? Anyone?

6 comments:

ME said...

MY FRIEND LEONARD

Suffering Silently said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ME said...

HA! perhaps. i'll have to ask my husband where he picked it up.

your posts take me right back to my bookstore working days...i'm not sure that is a good thing, but it is good to know i was not alone.

Suffering Silently said...

Ack - Removed in Error -
Could be.... could be... Is that in the pink-books-about-guys-section where you bought it?

I'm not sure if Frey is allowed to be called non-fiction though! ;)

ME said...

yes, perhaps there should be an ambiguous section for books with debatable categories.

gabal said...

welcome back, I hope they won't bother you too much. I think every librarian or anybody who works with books gets furious when they describe the book they are looking for by color...