Saturday, January 9, 2010

Clueless

Customer brings a children's book up to the front.

Customer: This book was in that pile back there.
Me: Yes?
Customer: It's upside down.
Me: Oh? Okay, may I look at it?

I take it and look at it - sure enough the cover has been attached upside down to the pages.

Me: Yeap, it sure is upside down. I'm sure they're not all like that, would you like me to get another one for you?

In the meantime they've picked the book back up

Customer: Well, why is it upside down?
Me: I'm not sure. Stuff like that happens sometimes.
Customer: Well that's no good.

She starts to walk away with the book.

Me: Oh, may I have that back please?
Customer: I was going to but it back.
Me: I don't want to put it back in the pile.
Customer: Why not? That's where it was.
Me: Yes, but it's printed wrong. We don't want to just put it back out on the floor.
Customer: Why not?
Me: Well, did you want this one?
Customer: No. I was going to get another one that's not upside down.
Me: Precisely.
Customer: I don't get it.
Me: Umm... there's something wrong with the book, we're not going to put it back out there for sale knowing there's something wrong with it.


Clueless. Just Clueless.

No comments: