Friday, October 7, 2011

This is why real booksellers still have jobs

Cust: My friend told me I have to read this book. She said it's the best thing she's ever read. It's a true story about a nun who has Siamese twins.
Me: Okay, did she give you the title?
Cust: I don't know what's it's called but everyone's reading it.
Me: Okay do you know anything else about it?
Customer: My friend just loves it. The title has the word glass in it.

Okay, I was able to guess what book it was. Vague plot references are my specialty I guess. It does prove that my rule still holds though, if the customer "knows" three things about a book they're looking for, at least two of those things will be wrong. :)

The book is about twins (but not conjoined twins) it is fiction (not a biography) and the title was Cutting for Stone (notice no glass in that title)

4 comments:

awais mirza said...

nice blog

estetik said...

Hey, I'm administration Asia's aboriginal golfing website. estetik

Cutomercarenumber.co.uk said...

Great post you have done here. information is very interesting. thanks to share it. i wish to chackout this site BT email helpline

FIFA 15 Coins said...

It's very great article and i find a nice game plese click this web site.Buy FIFA 15 Coins