Monday, March 30, 2009

Good Luck with that

Customer: I'm looking for the new Robert Jordan book.
Me: In the Wheel of Time books?
Customer: Yes. The 12th one.
Me: It's not out yet. They did get someone to finish it but not yet. The 11th is the newest.
Customer: It's suppose to be out.
Me: Ummm, I can check and see if the publisher has a release date for it but it's not available yet.
Customer: Yes it is.
Me: Okay...... Well, we don't have it then.
Customer: Well when will you have it.
Me: When it's published. I don't know when that will be yet.
Customer: It's out now. I want you to order it.
Me: I can't order it. It's not available to order yet. When the publisher sets a publishing date and makes it available to order we will have it in.
Customer: I'm going to write to the author and complain that you don't have it and you're gonna be in trouble.



What???? Really?
This is messed up on so many levels, not the least of which is the fact that the author is dead.

1 comment:

Sean said...

Wait till this customer hears that it's been split up into three parts. He/she'll probably have an aneurysm from sheer denial.