Monday, November 3, 2008

Hold Please

Phone Rings

Me: Hello, __________ Books, _________ speaking.
Customer: I'd like to order a book.
Me: Ok. What book are you looking for?
Customer: Oh, that's my other phone. I'm going to put you on hold.
Me: ?
He puts me on hold. After about a minute or so I have customers so I hang up.

Phone Rings

Me: Hello, __________ Books, _________ speaking.
Customer: You hung up.
Me: Yes sir. I had customers to help here in the store.
Customer: You can't $(&%*& do that.
Me: There's really no reason to swear.
Customer: I'll *&*@#% swear if I want to.

I hang up.
And tell the other staff about this guy.

Who does this? You can't call a store and then put them on hold. He either didn't call back or was nice when he did. Why is it that when people are rude to begin with it just seems to breed more rudeness?

No comments: