Thursday, November 6, 2008

Scary People

Customer: You know that new Harry Potter book that's coming out?
Me: Sure. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.
Customer: Well my friend gets it early you know.
Me: Really?
Customer: Yeah. He lives in England and they get it like a week before people here do.
Me: Interesting.
Customer: And you know what? He's gonna scan it in for me and send it so I'll have it early and I just have to pay for the book, but it more expensive there.
Me: Interesting. According to the publisher they have a world wide release of this book on the same day all over the world. You might want to make sure you have the right book before you pay your "friend" anything.
Customer: It's true they get it like a week earlier. They do.

At this point I'm backing away because this is not a kid - this is an adult and he's WAY in my personal space and beginning to frighten me....
Weird. Just weird.

No comments: