Monday, October 13, 2008

Another one....

Customer: Do you have The Canadian Cookbook?
Me: Which Canadian Cookbook were you looking for?
Customer: The Canadian Cookbook.
Me: We have a number of Canadian Cookbooks, several with "The Canadian Cookbook" in the title.
I show her what we have in store
Customer: No. None of those.
Me: Do you know anything else about it?
Customer: No. How hard can it be to get a book called The Canadian Cookbook?
Me: You just saw that I've got several different books with that title and you said the one you want isn't any of them. There are over 3 thousand titles that come up when I search that in my database. It's rather a popular title.
Customer: Well I expect you to know which one I want.


Wow. I know they say that women expect their husbands to know what they're thinking without them telling them but I think it's a bit of a stretch to expect strangers to.....

No comments: