Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Price Crack

Here we go again....

Customer:
I want the US price for this book.
Me: We sell the books at the Canadian price Sir.
Customer: I want the US price.
I look at the book. There is no US price listed on the cover just the Canadian one.
Me: There is no US price Sir. It's a Canadian book with only Canadian pricing.
Customer: Well there Has to be a US price and I want it.
Me: Sir, this is a history of the Hudson's Bay Company. Canadian History. There is no US price because they don't sell it in the US.
Customer: Well there still has to be a US price and I want it.
Me: Ok. Since our dollar as of this morning was actually worth more than the US dollar and there is no US price on the cover I'd calculate that this $29.99 Canadian book is actually worth $32 US dollars strictly as a straight exchange, not taking in to consideration the price of brokerage or anything else that would normally be added. Do you still want the US price?


There are times I just can't help myself. What sort of crack to you have to smoke to take a normal person and turn them into these people?

No comments: