Friday, December 19, 2008

Why would I lie?

Customer: Do you have (some random books) in stock?

I type the author in the computer and pull up the store stock info

Me: I'm sorry, we don't have that in stock, I can order it for you.
Customer: Do you have anything by him?
Me: Not at the moment. We should have some more in the next few days.
Customer: Well can you look?
Me: I'm looking at the stock right now - it's on my screen.
Customer: You didn't even type anything. You didn't even check.
Me: Umm. It's here on the screen. No stock. I'm not sure what to tell you. I guess you didn't notice me typing....
Customer: You didn't even check.
Me: I'll type it in again if it'll make you feel better but there's still no stock.


Customer leaves in a huff....


I'm sure I could have handled that better but you know what truthfully, there are days I just don't want to be nice.

No comments: