Monday, January 26, 2009

P vs T

Customer: Do you have that book Tillers of the Earth?
Me: I'm sorry, I don't know that one.
Customer: It's pretty popular.
Me: Could it be Pillars of the Earth? By Ken Follett?
Customer: I'm sure it's Tillers of the Earth.
I check the computer. Sure enough no Tillers of the Earth.
Me: Let me show you Pillars of the Earth maybe it's the one you're looking for.
Customer: Well it's for my dad and I'll have to call him. He's been looking for it EVERYWHERE he said.
Customer calls her dad.
Customer: He's sure it's Tillers of the Earth. It's about someone building a church in old fashion England.
Me: Well, I'm not sure what to tell you. I have a Pillars of the Earth that is about someone building a church and it's very popular but Tillers of the Earth doesn't seem to exist.
Customer: Well I guess we'll just have to keep looking for it.


WHAT? Seriously? You're not going to accept after checking, and I quote, "EVERYWHERE" that maybe you just have the title a little off? You are never going to find the book about the guy building a church in England called Tillers of the Earth I don't care how many places you look.

No comments: