Friday, January 16, 2009

Some times you can't win

A customer calls and orders a hard to find title. I explain that it will take 2-3 weeks for it to arrive unless there are any problems with supply which sometimes happens with smaller presses.

2 weeks later the customer calls back and tells the staff person who answers that if the book isn't in that day she didn't want it and would order it somewhere else.

The book didn't come in. We canceled the order.

I got to talk to the customer when she called again a week later.

Customer: Is my book in?
Me: I'll look, may I have your name please?

Customer gives me her name - I pull it up - notice that there are notes on her account so I read them.

Me: I see here that you called a week ago and told us that if the book wasn't it that day you didn't want it so it has been canceled.
Customer: That's not what I said.
Me: I'm sorry, that's what the notes here say.
Customer: I said I'd order it somewhere else.
Me: Yes? And it didn't come in so we canceled the order because you were going to order it somewhere else.
Customer: Well I want it now.
Me: Okay, I'll be happy to reorder it for you.
Customer: Well that's not acceptable. I want it now.
Me: I'm afraid that's what we need to do. The order was canceled.
Customer: Your service sucks!


What part sucked? The part where we did what you asked? Or the part where we did what you asked? I don't even know what to say sometimes.

No comments: